New notification issued by Ministry of Corporate Affairs
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs in place of COVID-19 or coronavirus that has been declared an epidemic by the World Health Organization or WHO had launched this web-based form ‘Company Affirmation of Readiness’ (CAR-2020) on 23rd March 2020. This is a voluntary form launched to see a company’s performance and how they are tackling this epidemic.
It is an initiative taken by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA). The filing of this form will show our support and contribution to the government that we all are together in this crisis. In these hard times when everyone is isolated, we as responsible citizens are giving information and confirmation to the government of adhering to the work from the home policy by filing CAR-2020. Also, we are adhering to the use of Videoconferencing, E-mails, and providing staggering times to our employees and staff for work from home. You have to show that you are following the guidelines of the government and have given work from home to your employees.
Features of CAR-2020
- It is not necessary for you to fill this form.
- It is just an advisory form as it is not statutory.
- The compliance is very short and it will take 15-20 minutes of your time to fill this form.
- There is no penalty for not filing this form on time.
- There is no due date till now for the submission of the form.
- There is no registration fee. It is free of cost.
- No DSE is required.
- No digital signatures needed.
- It is a web-based form that can be filled through laptops, mobile phones, and other devices as well.
- No SRN is generated
Procedure to register under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA)
You must be registered under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs before filing the form CAR-2020. It is not mandatory to get registered under GST Registration for filling this form.
- Visit the website mca.gov.in
- Click on the tab Register
- Select any of the two options mentioned below–
Register user- A person who avails basic services
Business user- A person who avails basic services and related to DSE. This option is basically for the director of a company or any practicing member.
Note: We recommend you to register as ‘Register User’, as it doesn’t involve the use of your DSE and simply generates a password and login Id for you. While registering as ‘Business User’, you have to use your DSE that might be with your professional or in your office and it will create a problem.
- Fill the basic details like Name, Address, Date of Birth (DOB), State, etc.
- Once you generate a login Id and password, you will be able to fill-up the form CAR-2020
Steps to fill the form
The form applies to all the Indian Companies, foreign companies, Indian LLPs, and Foreign LLPs. There are 6 things to fill in this form.
- Visit the website mca.gov.in
- Click on the tab ‘Login’.
- Enter your user Id and password. Enter the correct captcha.
- Click on ‘MCA Services.’ Then click ‘Company Services’ and in the drop-down list click on ‘COVID-19’.
- Four radio buttons will appear on your screen
CIN- Corporate/Company Identification Number
FCRN- Foreign Corporate Number
LLPIN- Limited Liability Partnership Identification Number
FLIPPIN- Foreign Limited Liability Partnership Identification Number
Note: If you don’t remember the identification number then
- Click on ‘MCA Services’.
- Click on the tab ‘Master Data’
- Search for the name of your company.
- Copy and paste the identification number from there.
- Enter the name of your company, Foreign company, LLP, or Foreign LLP
- Click on ‘YES’ if you are providing your employees work from home or ‘NO’ if not.
- Enter the DIN/PAN/Membership Number of the Authorized signatory.
Note: A KMP, Director, CS, Company Secretary, and CFO (Chief Financial Officer) are recognized as Authorized Signatory under ‘MCA’. While ‘Professionals’ in practice are not recognized as Authorized Signatory under ‘MCA’.
The Authorized Signatory should be presently associated with the company.
- Enter a valid and active mobile number to receive an OTP.
- Enter the OTP and verify the same.
- Click on the tab ‘Submit’.
- A box will appear stating that your declaration has been successfully submitted. You can take a screenshot for your reference.